So you're natural but struggling to embrace your natural hair. Guess what, it's okay! This is new to almost every black girl around the world who returned natural. Truth is some of us have gotten perms since we were two. So it's natural to feel the way you do.
The best way to embrace your natural hair is to look at the girl in the mirror every day and compliment her. Tell yourself how beautiful your hair is until you start to believe it. Affirm it yourself until you believe, sis.
Stop comparing your hair to others and accept your hair for what it is. Comparison is a thief and it will make you feel insecure when you begin to compare yourself to others. Returning natural is about accepting your hair the way God created you. You must believe He did not make any mistake when He formed you in your mother's womb.
If you're someone who is struggling to embrace your natural hair, you need to address the elephant in the room. You need to dig deep to understand why you dislike your hair. What is it that causes you to hate your hair? Is it your curl pattern? Is it because you don't know how to style or care for it? Whatever it is you need to acknowledge it, deal with and then you can start embracing your hair.
Benefits of embracing your Natural Hair:
- It helps you to discover yourself and build your self-confidence.
- It helps you accept your true beauty without feeling the need to wear straight hair to feel beautiful
- When you get to know your hair and love your hair, it will love you back
- Wearing your natural hair can also inspire someone else struggling to embrace their natural hair
- Wear your natural hair helps promote healthy hair without harsh chemicals
- Natural hair is versatile. There is so much you can do with your hair.
- The more your wear your hair natural, the more you become comfortable rocking your natural crown
We hope you found this article helpful and that you will begin to embrace your natural hair boldly and unapologetically.